From M6 & the South
1. Follow M74 to just south of Glasgow (Junction 4)
2. Take M73, signposted Stirling for about 3 miles.
3. This leads straight onto the A80/M80 towards Stirling
4. This leads onto the M9 for a short distance.
5. After passing Stirling Castle on your RHS turn left at junction 10, signpostedCrainlarich & the A84.
6. Follow this road through Doune, Callander, Strathyre (watch for occasional speedtraps here) & Lochearnhead.
7. You are now on the A85 although it is the same straight road.
8. Carry on and go straight through Crainlarich. You are now on the A82.
9. Straight through Tyndrum bearing right up the hill past the snowgates, carry on for 30 miles to Glencoe.
10. Ignore first sign for a right turning to Glencoe Village.
11. Stay on the main road till you pass the Gleaner petrol station and the Glencoe Hotel.
12. Immediately after the hotel turn right onto the B863, signed for Kinlochleven.
13. We are about 100metres along this road.
14. Over the bridge and the Caravan Park entrance is on your left, the Invercoe Lodges & MacIain Cottges are on your right.
Should you wish to take the high road via Loch Lomond (which is actually about 10miles shorter, but has more possibilities of slow traffic) take the following route.
1 & 2 as above.
3. After turning off the M74 look for the M8 & Greenock signs about 1 mile along.
4. You should now be on the M8 through Glasgow. This is a busy, but fairly, straightforward stretch of road, so stay on until junction 30, the turning for the M898 & the Erskine Bridge.
5. Over the bridge and bear left onto the A82 for Dumbarton & Crainalrich.
6. Carry on along this road and turn right at Tarbet, which leads you on to Crainlarich.
7. At Crainlarich go under the rail bridge and turn left and then follow on from step 9 above.
If travelling by public transport, there is a regular daily coach service from Glasgow.Citylink Timetable. There is no direct rail service to Glencoe. Nearest railway station is Fort William. Trains run daily, except Sunday, from Glasgow.