What to see and do in Glencoe and Lochaber
The area of Lochaber, known as the Outdoor Capital of the UK has much to offer everyone. Climbers and hill-walkers should be in their element with Ben Nevis and many “Munros” close by.
Boat hire, pony trekking and riding are within easy reach.. We recommend our local golf course and cafe at www.dragonstooth.co.uk & cycle hire in Glencoe from www.crankitupgear.com
If you have some difficulties getting around on foot, www.shopmobilitylochaber.org.uk may be able to help with their local wheelchair service.
There are also many interesting indoor exhibitions and activities in the area should the weather be less than clement. Things to see and do in the area:
Our top 10 recommendations:
• The Forestry Lochan Trail
• National Trust for Scotland visitor centre
• Nevis Range Mountain Gondola
• Visit Oban & its distillery
• Silver Sands at Morar
• Walk to Steall Falls in Glen Nevis
• A day trip to Skye
• Discover Loch Ness
• Rugged Coast Glencoe – Paddle Boarding
• Adventure Activities with Vertical Descents
• Segway, Archery & Laser Clay Experience at Woodlands Glencoe (mention Invercoe to get your discount).
For a very good introduction and online guide to the Fort William and Lochaber area the VisitFortWilliam website might be helpful to you.